Skip to main content

Another Sports Blog?

Hello, hi. Yes, I've decided to start a blog. Now, why so?


In the past year, I found my love for writing and journalism again. Now you may be asking, what made me lose it in the first place? Well, when the general public can't trust what journalists have to say and you had a professor freshman year who hated your writing, that will do it. 


But, after taking another journalism course my junior year, I earned my respect for this form of media again. It really took someone to believe in me and help me strengthen my writing and I thank that professor a ton. 


From June 2024 to this current month, I had over 60 sports articles published. I think the exact number is like 65, but I would have to check. One thing to mention, a big shoutout to my editors this last year at 89.5 FM WSOU for getting all those stories out. 


So, I should introduce myself even though most of you who follow me online already know me. My name is Kyle and I am a sports super fan. You name the sport, I probably have thoughts and knowledge of it. 


Specifically, this blog will go in-depth about what is going on in the NFL and college football. I'll also be talking about the NBA, both men's and women's college basketball, the WNBA, the NHL, MLS and soccer in general. I also want to give my thoughts on the PLL and the sport of lacrosse which I believe deserves more coverage from mainstream sports media. 


Every Monday and Friday, you'll hear from me with my reactions and opinions about what happened and what will happen for a given week/weekend. 


In a day and age full of bad reporting and hot takes, my stories will bring a more positive vibe to one of the greatest things in the world, which is sports. It's upsetting to hear that there are people in this industry that don't love to cover sports. In a world where people can't seem to be happy anymore, I want to be someone who makes someone's day and invokes positivity. 


When something great happens, I'm going to highlight it because I want to celebrate one of the last few things that brings people together. So come along on this journey as the Jersey Benchwarmer guides you through the world of sports. 


First story this Friday morning.


Popular posts from this blog

Rutgers Football Down at The Bottom of The Raritan River

Genuinely, you have to feel bad for Rutgers fans.  First and foremost, I am a Seton Hall grad. Every time I think of that school from Middlesex County, my blood boils. However, Thursday was at first hilarious, then depressing. By now, Rutgers losing to UMass has made its rounds nationwide. Everyone from ESPN to Fox News mocked the Scarlet Knights for losing to quite literally, the worst team in the FBS the past decade.  Fans were in disbelief, alumni were outraged, and journalists like Jerry Carino bashed their effort. The only reason the reaction has died down slightly was because Michigan, Oklahoma State and Florida State embarrassed themselves over the holiday weekend.  Still, when you pay a team $1.55 million and lose to them, you are simply going to get mocked for that. From my perspective, seeing Rutgers lose 37-21 to the Minutemen was one of the highlights of my weekend. Remember, UMass had not won a game since 2024 so for them to earn a win against Rutgers made ...

Week Zero Tomfoolery in College Football

First off, welcome back college football! After seven long and agonizing months away, your buddy’s favorite sport returned to bring peace back into this world. Truly, the shenanigans that just occurred throughout week zero were simply incredible.  From USC’s questionable attendance to Beau Pribula and Virginia beating down NC State, week zero was in a way, hilarious. Yours truly has his thoughts on what may be his only free Saturday this fall. Enjoy! College Football, meet Trent Mosley: Lincoln Riley’s time in the “City of Angels” has been strange. Even with him developing a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback in Caleb Williams a few seasons ago, somehow, Riley has still not brought the Trojans to the College Football Playoff (CFP). As a blue blood in the sport, the fact that they still have not made the playoff since its inception is ridiculous.  For the 2026 season, expectations are high for USC. With another talented QB in Jayden Maiava, this by all means has to be the seaso...

The Nets to Progress in 2026-27

Whether you were in New Jersey or New York this summer, there was probably a celebration for the New York Knicks going on. After winning the NBA Finals back in June, fans of the Knicks were the happiest they have ever been.  Everyone in the city and the region was seemingly happy about this. Everyone besides Brooklyn Nets fans.  For the Nets fanbase, it was torture day and night. So much so that owner Joe Tsai admitted that it was embarrassing when he spoke to NetsDaily back in August. The 2025-26 season for the Nets was a difficult one no doubt. Finishing with a 20-62 record, the Nets were surprisingly not the worst team in the Association. That honor belonged to the Washington Wizards. For the Wizards at least, they were able to select the talented AJ Dybantsa with the first overall pick in the 2026 NBA Draft. Many Nets fans prayed that they could have landed the first pick but, it was never meant to be.  Despite being in a rebuild, despite their rivals winning the cha...

Enough With The Anti-Nets Discourse

So, the New York Knicks are NBA Champions. Pain. The past two weeks for me as a Brooklyn Nets fan have been exhausting. Everyday, I’ll be on Twitter or Instagram doomscrolling and seeing stuff about the Knicks winning the championship and how it brought everyone together. Seriously, there were people I know who don’t even watch the NBA who posted about the Knicks winning the Finals.  Even at work, I can’t go one second without a bunch of managers laughing at my face because the Knicks won the title.   Then, I read about the Nets and yikes. I’ve seen everything from people calling them "irrelevant," to telling them to relocate, to telling them that no one in the area will ever choose them as their NBA team now.  I had to listen to Stephen A. Smith, Bill Simmons and Adam Schein criticize the Nets and at this point, it’s beyond annoying. When I watched Schein’s video suggesting the Nets should cease operations after not taking Darius Acuff Jr. in the NBA Draft, I was no...

A Muhlenberg Football Retrospect

Five years ago, my college journey began earlier than most.  While everyone was at the beach, buying stuff for their dorms or sleeping in until noon, I was heading to training camp for football. This time, I had a different role.  My time in high school football with Seton Hall Prep was… terrible. Putting it lightly, I was awful as a receiver. Seriously, I genuinely might have been one of the worst players in all of New Jersey from 2018 to 2020. During those three years, I dreaded going to training camp and in 2020, I knew my playing days were up. Despite having some aspiration to walk-on at the next level, that is not how it played out.  Instead, I took a unique path that I still look back at to this day. I decided I wanted to work for one of the best Division III football programs on the East Coast in Muhlenberg College. When August 11, 2021 came, I was the happiest I had been in years.  Now, why Muhlenberg? Why some private liberal arts college in Allentown, Penns...